San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association is pleased to announce one $1,000 academic scholarship in Fall of 2022. The scholarship may be used towards earning an initial or advancement of a Registered Nurse Degree as well as a current Registered Nurse seeking an advanced degree in “other healthcare related” fields.
Note: Prior to applying, please e-mail the San Antonio ENA Scholarship Committee to insure the “other healthcare related” degree you are seeking qualifies you to apply for this scholarship.
- LVN / LPN or non-nurse seeking initial RN degree
- RN seeking a higher degree in nursing
– AD to BSN, MSN, or Doctorate; Diploma to BSN, MSN, or Doctorate; BSN to MSN or Doctorate; MSN to Doctorate
- RN seeking a postgraduate degree in nursing, education or healthcare administration
– Masters or Doctorate
- Scholarship category #2 is reserved for a student nurse that is a current member in good standing during the award period of the Texas Nursing Student’s Association (TNSA), National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) or Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), and has completed at least two semesters in the nursing program.
- Some applicants may qualify for both scholarship categories #2 and #3 – such applicants may apply for both, but can be selected for no more than one scholarship.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale.
– Transcript required at the time of application
– Transcript required following the subsidized semester to verify performance
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae required:
– Initial nursing degree – a résumé is required and curriculum vitae optional
– Advancing degree – Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
- Membership in professional organization required:
– Initial degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter) or NSNA / TNSA Chapter (San Antonio area)
– Advancing degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter)
- The maximum scholarship to be awarded is $1,000.
– Awarded $1,000 or the tuition total for the semester, whichever is the smaller amount.
- Must attend a minimum of two meetings of San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association.
– This excludes meetings where recipient is named winner or receiving the scholarship.
- Aug. 1, 2022