San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association (SAENA, Inc.) is pleased to announce sponsorship of two $1000 academic scholarships in 2019. The scholarships may be used towards earning an initial or advancement of a Registered Nurse Degree (Associates in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Bachelors in Nursing, Masters in Nursing, or Doctorate in Nursing), as well as a current Registered Nurse seeking an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in other healthcare related fields.
- LVN / LPN or non-nurse seeking initial RN degree
- RN seeking a higher degree in nursing
– (AD to BSN, MSN, or Doctorate; Diploma to BSN, MSN, or Doctorate; BSN to MSN or Doctorate; MSN to Doctorate)
- RN seeking a postgraduate degree in nursing
– (Masters or Doctorate)
- Scholarship category #2 is reserved for a student nurse that is a current member in good standing during the award period of the Texas Nursing Student’s Association (TNSA), National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) or Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), and has completed at least two semesters in the nursing program.
- Some applicants may qualify for both scholarship categories #2 and #3 – such applicants may apply for both, but can be selected for no more than one scholarship.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae required:
- Initial nursing degree – a résumé is required and curriculum vitae optional
- Advancing degree – Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
- Membership in professional organization required:
- Initial degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter) or NSNA / TNSA Chapter (San Antonio area)
- Advancing degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter)
- The maximum scholarship to be awarded is $1000.
- Include semester billing or receipt for verification of tuition. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $1000 or the tuition total for the semester, whichever is the smaller amount.
- Must attend a minimum of two meetings of San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association.
- This excludes meetings where recipient is named winner or receiving the scholarship.)
- Fall semester recipients – July 15, 2019