San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association is pleased to announce sponsorship of two $1,000 academic scholarships in 2018. The scholarships may be used towards earning an initial or advancement of a Registered Nurse Degree (Associates in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Bachelors in Nursing, Masters in Nursing, or Doctorate in Nursing) as well as a current Registered Nurse seeking an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in other healthcare related fields.
- LVN / LPN or non-nurse seeking initial RN degree
- RN seeking a higher degree in nursing
- RN seeking a postgraduate degree in nursing
- Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae required:
- Initial nursing degree – a résumé is required and curriculum vitae optional
- Advancing degree – Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
- Membership in professional organization required:
- Initial degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter) or NSNA / TNSA Chapter (San Antonio area)
- Advancing degree – membership in ENA Chapter 197 (San Antonio Chapter)
- The maximum scholarship to be awarded is $1000.
- Include semester billing or receipt for verification of tuition. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $1000 or the tuition total for the semester, whichever is the smaller amount.
- Must attend a minimum of two meetings of San Antonio Emergency Nurses Association.
- This excludes meetings where recipient is named winner or receiving the scholarship.)
- Spring semester recipients – March 1