Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)Keep up to date on the latest trauma nursing education!
This nationally standardized course integrates nursing diagnoses into the content and provides the learner with core trauma knowledge and psychomotor skill experience. Participants who successfully complete the course are verified for four years and have the opportunity to become TNCC instructors.
The magnitude of trauma as a national and international problem is documented by data that identifies injury as being the primary cause of death in persons under age 45. The optimal care of the trauma patient is best accomplished within a framework in which all members of the trauma team use a systematic, standardized approach to the care of the injured patient. Emergency nurses are essential members of the trauma team. Morbidity and mortality of trauma patients can be significantly reduced by educating nurses to provide competent trauma care. The ENA and its constituents have the responsibility to facilitate trauma-related, continuing education opportunities for nurses who provide care to trauma patients.
What this course teaches:
- Identify the common mechanisms of injury
- Describe the pathophysiologic changes as a basis for signs and symptoms
- Describe the nursing assessment of patients with trauma
- Describe appropriate interventions for the trauma patients
- Describe the mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions
The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2322.
Upcoming Dates2017 TNCC Provider Courses
- March 10-12, San Antonio, Texas
- June 9-11, San Antonio, Texas
- August 11-13, San Antonio, Texas
- October 20-22, San Antonio, Texas
2017 TNCC Renewal Courses
- March 11, San Antonio, Texas
- June 10, San Antonio, Texas
- August 12, San Antonio, Texas
- October 21, San Antonio, Texas