The Trauma Nursing Core Course – Instructor course is designed to provide the identified Instructor Potential (IP) Candidates an opportunity to improve patient outcomes by teaching nurses to care for trauma patients using a systematic approach. The Instructor Course is one important step along the path that enables the development of effective TNCC instructors.
During the instructor course, the IPs will have multiple opportunities to practice teaching elements of the Provider Course. While it is expected that the IPs will come prepared, it is not expected that the IPs will teach flawlessly. Consider this course a safe place to practice the teaching techniques learned in the online modules and to make mistakes. The Faculty and your fellow IPs will support you in improving your teaching skills.
Dec. 7, 2022
When you register for the course, you will receive the TNCC Instructor Course Guide Management Directions. This document will help you navigate the entire process.
If you have taken your 8th edition TNCC Provider Course more that 90 days from the December 7 date, you will be required to retake the online, open book computer based exam and score a 90% or above. You will also need to schedule a date/time with either Bruce or me to retest a Trauma Nursing Process skill station and score 90% or above. There are mandatory online modules regarding adult learning strategies that must be completed as well. You will not pay for the course until this process has been completed.
Once you have completed the pre-course requirements and paid for the course, you will be provided a trauma lecture and a relevant Trauma Nursing Process Skill station which you will present to the class. (Brain Trauma Lecture and Head injury Skill Station). More information will be provided in your confirmation letter and TNCC Instructor Supplement.
Registration and Payment
Complete the registration form on this page. Registration is limited and there will be no on-site registration due to the online material which must completed prior to the course. Registration will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
There are three ways to pay.
- Option 1: Pay by credit card
- An invoice will be sent to you to securely pay using PayPal. Once payment has been received, the book will be mailed to the address provided.
- Option 2: Pay by check or money order
- Make payable to San Antonio ENA/TNCC and mail to: Susan Douglass – 3539 Huntwick, San Antonio, TX 78230. Once payment is received, the book will be mailed to the address provided.
- Option 3: Your institution is paying for the class
- If your institution is paying for class, include the point of contact information who will send the check in the Your Message area of the registration form. Once payment has been received, the book will be mailed to the address provided.
Receipt of payment confirms your place in the course. Registration ends 4 weeks before the first day of the course. Since room temperature varies, please bring a sweater or light jacket.
7500 Hwy 90 West
San Antonio, TX 78227
Bruce Parkes – Bparkes@aol.com
Susan Douglass – email@example.com
*The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The Emergency Nurses Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2322.