It’s as Simple as 1 – 2 – 3! Texas Required Nursing Education Seminar
The courses of this seminar meet the Texas Board of Nursing’s continuing education requirements for each topic. At the end of the course(s) participants will have increased knowledge and skills related to:
- Forensics: The science of forensics including examples and applicable of laws governing the definition, primary and focused secondary survey of a forensics patient, evidence collection and chain of custody, and documentation principles in forensics cases.
NPA §301.306 and Rule 216.3(d). This 2-hour course meets the requirements for all nurses practicing in emergency department (ED) settings as their home unit, floating, contracted, or other duties that involve functioning in an ED setting. This is a one-time requirement per nurse effective September 1, 2006.
Presenter: Mary A. Leblond, MSN, RN, CEN, CA-SANE, CP-SANE, FAEN
- Older Adult / Geriatrics: Physiologic changes in older adults that contribute to disease processes, chronic conditions and memory loss; adaptation of care for this special population, including Injury Prevention, identification of elder abuse and reporting requirements.
NPA§301.306 and Rule 216.3(h). This 2-hour course meets the requirements for any nurse whose practice includes older adult or geriatric populations. Such a course needs to be completed before the end of every licensing period that began on or after January 1, 2014.
Presenter: Yvonne Moseley, MSN, RN, CEN
- Human Trafficking: Major categories of human trafficking (HT); what differentiates HT from smuggling and consensual commercial sex; the scope of the problem; recognizing vulnerabilities, risk factors, and indicators of HT; applying patient-centered interventions and strategies for individual practice settings.
NPA§301.306 and Rule 216.3(i). This 1 ½ hour course has been approved by the Executive Director of Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and meets the requirements for any nurse who provides direct patient. Such a course needs to be completed before the end of every licensing period. (Applicable to licensure renewals on or after September 1, 2020)
Presenter: Muriel Lanford, MSN, RN, TCRN
April 16, 2021
- Forensics: 9 -11 a.m. CST
- Geriatrics: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. CST
- Human Trafficking: 1:45 – 3:15 p.m. CST
This is an online webinar and it will be held on Zoom.com. Registrants will be emailed the Zoom access link once payment has been received. This course is limited to 75 participants/course.
- ENA Members: $20 per course. All three courses – $60.
- Non-Members: $30 per course. Discount: All three courses – $75.
This activity has been submitted to the Emergency Nurses Association for approval to award 5.5 contact hours. Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Carol Twombly – firstname.lastname@example.org
A written request must be received prior to April 5, 2021 for a refund. No refunds will be issued after April 5, 2021.